Here’s one answer to my recent questionnaire regarding the Inner Circle Writers’ Magazine, now entering its seventh month. I couldn’t ask for better than this! (Thanks Julie!) But please feel free to answer these questions yourselves and let me know what YOU think!
1. What features do you like best in the magazine?
I love the interviews, photos, contests, stories by other authors and the grammar ninja. I like the links of where to submit stories. I like the comics. I love your sketches.
2. What do you most look forward to reading each month?
Pretty much the whole thing. I love seeing all the interesting articles and stories.
3. What bits of the magazine do you tend to ‘skip over’, if any?
The Dr. Who bit - I have never followed that so always feel a bit lost as to what that is all about, though I believe others really like it.
4. What would you like to see more of in the magazine?
Even more stories by other authors and more games. I love word games.
5. Is there anything that you’d like to see less of?
When it comes to connecting with other writers, I can’t think of anything I don’t want to know about them or just writing in general. Living out in the middle of nowhere, this magazine is like a lifeline for my writing life.
6. On a scale of 1 to 10, how entertaining do you find the magazine — where 10 is ‘stay-up-all-night-to-read’ entertaining?
I have to put 10 because that’s what I do when the magazine is released, stay up all night to read through the whole thing, or at least as much of it as I can in between clients, in between bites during meals, In between whatever threatens to interrupt my reading time!
7. On a scale of 1 to 10, how informative do you find the magazine — where 10 is ‘I-never-knew-that-before’ informative?
I’m always finding things I didn’t know about before.
8. On a scale of 1 to 10, how attractive do you find the magazine — where 10 is ‘I-want-to-make-posters-from-these-pages’ attractive?
I think it is a beautiful magazine. If it came in a hard copy I’d be saving the pages!
9. Would you recommend this magazine to others? If so, what would you say, and to whom?
I recommend this magazine to every writer I meet. My goal is to get out more so I can mention it to even more people.
10. Is there anything else that you’d like to say about the magazine?
I think you are doing a great job and am so happy to have this type of magazine, for enlightenment and as a resource to help make my writing better.
Take a look at the magazine yourself by going here.