A Website Checklist
These days, almost any website is better than no website. But some websites are still better than others.
Here’s a checklist of the important points to make sure your website strikes.
Prior to launch:
1. Find at least 30 – 40 businesses whose products or services are similar to yours – what works on their sites? What's not so good? Steal what works and forget about what doesn’t.
2. How can you stand out from these other businesses? What is your brand? What is unique to you?
3. Find the best hosting you can afford.
4. Invest in your own domain name. Anything else presents an unprofessional image.
5. After the above research steps, literally sketch out what you'd like your website to look like. Simple design and uncluttered navigation - you are trying to focus your customer on the key points. Direct their atte